Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Julie Bowen Talks Family & Politics with Capitol File

With her hit TV show "Modern Family" returning for it fourth season beginning September 26th, Julie Bowen pitched in on publicity efforts by covering the Fall 2012 issue of Capitol File magazine.

The 42-year-old Claire Dunphy actress tossed on an Oscar de la Renta satin blouse and wool pants while accessorizing with Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry and Charlotte Olympia platform pumps for the stylish Darren Tieste shot front page.

Meanwhile, a few of the highlights from Miss Bowen's accompanying interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Capitol File!

On choosing family time over work:
"Everyone else [on the show] goes off and does fancy films. I stay home and tie beach balls to the oak tree in the front yard so the kids have something to hit instead of me."

On her political stance:
"There's the adage that if you're not a liberal when you're young, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative when you're old, you have no brains. I find myself somewhere at those crossroads. There is this sense of wanting to protect your family. Right now I want them to have a childhood and I don't want them to be exposed to everything so fast."

On comparing herself to her 'Modern Family' character:
"The reality is, Claire is a mom who has older kids. And she was written by people with older kids. I might grow into a Claire, but I'm definitely not dealing with issues of sex and boys at school."

On being in a good place right now:
"The boys are finally at an age where I find them so luscious and fantastic that I don't want to be away if I don't have to be if. It's such a gift to not to feel the pressure to go hunting down a job right now. I'm just lucky as hell."

Ana Hickmann Ana Ivanovi Ana Paula Lemes Ananda Lewis Angela Marcello

No comments:

Post a Comment