Thursday, May 12, 2011

Tracey Gold On Battle With Anorexia

trac1_wide.jpg
Tracey Gold has had her fair share of ?growing pains,? but after conquering her battle with anorexia, she wants to help other women do the same. The sitcom star exclusively told In Touch about her new series, The Tracey Gold Project, at the A&E Television Network's 2011 Upfront Presentation in NYC. ?It?s a show close to my heart. I came up with the idea,? Tracey explained. ?It?s helping women with eating disorders. I went through it so publicly and it?s so personal to me. I thought it was a perfect match for me to help these women. I think they trust someone who has been through it before, rather than have it be an outsider or a doctor. I want to be a mentor and bond with them and help them into treatment, to get help and live their lives.?

Tracey, 41, said she didn?t reach out to former Full House star Candace Cameron Bure since she recently went public with her battle with anorexia. ?I think she went through an eating disorder way after I did,? Tracey added. ?She came out about it maybe a month ago. It was about something way in the past.?

According to Tracey, the road to getting healthy wasn?t easy. ?I was so stuck in the disorder and didn?t know how to work my way out of it and get help.? Her breakthrough moment? ?I didn?t want to be sick,? she said. ?I was sick and tired of being sick. And I wanted to marry my boyfriend and I wanted to have kids.?

Now happily married to her husband, Robby Marshall, since 1994 and a mother to four boys, Tracey?s life has changed drastically. ?He loves me for me. I just know how much he loves me and that?s a huge thing.?

Tracey cooks regularly for her large brood and shares with In Touch her family's favorite dish! ?Pasta bake. I cook pasta. I?m not afraid of carbs,? Tracey laughs. ?It?s not the healthiest, but we cook it with turkey meat. It?s delicious. It?s really baked ziti, but they think it?s really special!?

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/InTouchWeekly/~3/rOja5PbW6CI/tracey_gold_on_battle_with_ano.php

Elizabeth Hurley Elizabeth Shue Ellen Pompeo Elsa Benitez Emily Procter

No comments:

Post a Comment